There are three pathways to Fellowship at ANU:
1. The EFS Program (AFHEA, FHEA, and SFHEA applicants)
The EFS Program is the most common route. It provides a scaffolded educational professional development pathway to Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), and Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA). Learn more about the EFS Program…
2. Supported direct application to Advance HE (PFHEA applicants only)
ANU does not award Principal Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (PFHEA), but the EFS team can provide mentoring and support for direct application to Advance HE to those who seek to gain this high level of recognition. Email us at email@example.com if you wish to learn more.
3. Teaching in Medicine (TiM) pathway to AFHEA for clinical/medical educators
ANU offers a Teaching in Medicine (TiM) pathway for clinical and other medical educators who wish to apply for AFHEA. Note that clinical and other medical educators who wish to apply for a FHEA or SFHEA will need to join the EFS Program.
Prerequisites (all pathways)
Applying for the EFS is free of charge for ANU staff, but there are some eligibility criteria to consider. EFS applicants must:
- be a current ANU employee, student, or honorary appointee with an ANU email address*;
- commit to upholding the AdvanceHE Fellows Code of Practice;
- have undertaken relevant Professional Development;
- be able to contribute to the EFS, for example as EFS mentor, EFS assessor, or speaker.